Lemons have a variety of benefits, right from being great for your skin to being beneficial for weight loss. Rich in vitamin C, lemons are also known for their high nutrient value. Here are some benefits of using lemon as a part of your everyday routine:
– Drinking lemon water mixed with honey every morning on an empty stomach can help promote weight loss, for those who are looking to shed a few extra pounds. It also flushes out the toxins in the body.
– Since they have antibacterial properties, lemons can be used to remove blackheads and to treat acne. Dab lemon juice on your face with cotton and your blackheads and acne fade over time.
– A rich source of vitamin C, it helps fight against flu and colds.
– A mix of coconut oil and a few drops of lemon juice makes for a great clarifying moisturizer. The coconut hydrates the skin and the lemon lightens it.
– Lemons can also be used to whiten yellowed teeth! Just mix a teaspoon of baking soda along with the juice of one lemon and apply on your teeth for an instant whitening effect.
– Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, thereby aiding in digestion. It can be used to treat diseases like scurvy. Patients are usually given lemon juice diluted with water every two to four hours.
– Lemon juice can also be used to treat dry scalp and dandruff.