Decision on Shakib’s appeal at board meeting after Eid: BCB chief

The appeal filed by famed Bangladeshi all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan against his six-month suspension from all sorts of cricket may be considered at a BCB board meeting after Eid vacation.

BCB President Nazmul Hassan Papon MP disclosed this to the pressmen during a reception arranged by BCB in honour of new ICC President and Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal MP at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel on Monday.

The BCB boss said, “Shakib was suspended by a decision taken at the board meeting, so it’ll be justified to consider his appeal through board meeting although I have the authority to consider his pleas and ratify it in the next board meeting.”

shakib_53cd2c7bab0aaReplying to a question regarding the possibility of Shakib’s inclusion in the squad for ensuing West Indies tour, Nazmul Hassan said, “I see no chance.”

“Shakib made an appeal through a nice latter… we found nothing negative in him and his recent behaviour impressed me, I think he could have understood mistakes. So, we’ll consider his appeal positively,” he added.

Earlier on Sunday, Shakib Al Hasan has appealed to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to reconsider his six-month suspension given earlier this month barring him from playing cricket at all levels.

He has also rendered a public apology in a written statement to the pressmen after the submission of his plea to the BCB acting CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury in Mirpur .

Earlier on Wednesday, Shakib Al Hasan met BCB president Nazmul Hassan to request him for reducing his suspension, and he submitted an appeal after getting green signal from the BCB president.

On July 7, Shakib was suspended from playing any cricket for six months and his NOCs were withdrawn till December 2015 after the board found him guilty of several charges, including his misbehaviour with Bangladesh’s new coach Chandika Hathurusingha and his altercation with a spectator during the first ODI against India in Mirpur recently.

Shakib had been involved in several disputes in the recent past. He had left for the Caribbean to play in the CPL without a valid NOC, and reportedly threatened to quit playing Tests and Twenty20 internationals when asked by Hathurusingha to return and join a training camp.

He was ordered to return to Bangladesh by the BCB, and later denied threatening to quit and said that his departure for the CPL was a result of a misunderstanding over the NOC.

-UNB


Share: