Ramijan Nesa Bibi Hafizia Madrasa and Orphanage was inaugurated at Sirajpur village of Singair police station in Manikganj district on Monday.
Additional Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Shoaib Reza Alam, Captain Monowar Hossain (MSC Ship Management Limited), President of Begombazar-Moulvibazar Banik Samiti Md. Sahid Hossain, Khatib of Kazi Sharif Mosque Dhaka Mufti Mohammad Abu Naeem were present at the inaugural programme held at Sirajjpur.
President of Kazi Sharif Jame Masjid, Gholam Mohammad Rasool, Chairman of Siraj Uddin Trustee Board, Habibur Rahman Khan Habib, President of Swapan Rajni Bose Lane Traders Cooperative Society Md. Abdur Rauf Khan, DGM of Pubali Bank Anisur Rahman, Governing body member of Nabakumar Institution and Dr Shahidullah College and Senior Photojournalist at The New Nation Moin Uddin Ahmed, President of Bangshal Thana Awami League, Dhaka Metropolitan South Golam Mostafa, Assistant Professor of National Medical College Hospital Dr. Asaduzzaman Khan Galif, Adv Wahedur Rahman Khan, Arifuzzaman Khan, M.A Kaium Khan, Kamruzzaman Khan Titu, Joint Secretary of Bangladesh Medical Importers and Suppliers Association Engineer Syed Mahmudur Rashid, Vice President of New Market Association Shafiqur Rahman Khan, Director of Bharsa Group Shamsul Islam Bharsa, General Secretary of Ekta Business Association Imtiaz Ahmed Khan, Harunur Rashid, Amir Hossain, Asadur Rahman Molla, Ashraf Alam, Abul Bashar and other members of the Board of Trustees were also present on the occasion.
However, Siraj Uddin Khan built a mosque in 1923 and an educational institution named Sirajuddin Institute in 1925 to spread the light of education in the area with the aim of improving the educational system. His four children named Bachhu Mia, Badsha Mia, Futan Mia and Hamid Mia donated 36 percent of the land for school purposes known as Sirajuddin Primary School which is governmentalized in 1973. Before 1969, Sirajuddin Primary School’s infrastructure was not appropriate for the students. In this regard, the school was moved to a broader location in 1969 for ensuring better educational facilities.
Besides, community clinics, madrasas, orphanages, hat-bazaar, family and social two cemeteries were built by them. Sirajpur village was started by the ancestors of Siraj Uddin Khan about four hundred years ago through Zamindari.